E-safety – today’s Green Cross Code!
The following SMART Tips have been written especially for children aged 8-14 years.
· Safe – Keep safe by being careful not to give out personal information such as your full name, e-mail address, phone number, home address, photos or school name to people you are chatting with online.
· Meeting – Meeting someone you have only been in touch with online can be dangerous. Only do so with your parents’ or carers’ permission and even then only when they can be present.
· Accepting – e-mails, IM messages, or opening files, pictures or texts from people you don’t know or trust can lead to problems – they may contain viruses or nasty messages!
· Reliable – Information you find on the internet may not be true, or someone online may be lying about who they are.
· Tell – your parent, carer or a trusted adult if someone or something makes you feel uncomfortable or worried, or if you or someone you know is being bullied online.